Friday, January 1, 2010



So, Here we are.... Another new year has begun.
I was reminiscing yesterday about how often in those "growing Up" years that we wish to be somewhere in the future. We want to turn 5 and go to school, then we want to be in the double digits so 10 is a big birthday. Turning 13 and then 16 were milestones to look forward too. Then there was "I can't wait to graduate....get engaged...get married...have children and on it goes.
I have been blessed to see many milestones reached and it seems like yesterday when we had our first child. It's actually been 29 years, and we will soon have our 4th grandchild. I very rarely find myself wishing the days away for something out in the future. I am thankful for each day and the reality that with all the changes my life has seen, God has remained the same through it all.
I love this quote by St Augustine:
I Love you Lord- not doubtingly but with absolute certainty.
Your word beat upon my heart until I fell in love with you,
and now the universe and everything in it tells me to love you.
So in this New year the one wish I have for myself and all my Messy friends,
is to know and Love God even more.
Happy New Year my friends.

1 comment: