Monday, January 18, 2010

Bridges and Walls

Proverbs 18:19 An offended brother is more unyielding than a fortified city.

As I was reading this morning, this particular verse jumped out at me like it was the first time I had read it.  I re-read it and re-read it and it struck a cord with me.  The questions that came to mind as I pondered this piece of wisdom are these. 
     

  • How often do we, as Christ followers, offend in our zeal to stop or help someone on a path of sin or  self destruction? 
  • How often does righteous indignation take the place of compassion and grace.  
  • How often is the truth spoken, but not in love?
  • Isn't a struggling brother or sister still a brother and sister?
  • What is really the desired end result?   Restoration of Retribution?

I can't help but feel that where a bridge is burned a wall is built.

No comments:

Post a Comment