Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions

    I've never been one to make New years resolutions. Probably because I know that eventually my best intentions will fall prey to the "Tyranny of the Urgent"  Instead, I look back over the year and ask myself if there has been any positive change or growth. What impact did I have on the lives of those around me and was it good?
    Who really wants to do this "aging gracefully" thing if it doesn't bring with it positive growth?
However, this year I did make somewhat of a resolution and it can be summed up in two words...BE INTENTIONAL.
    It is so easy for a day to come and go and for every part of it to just "happen". I guess that's why someone coined the phrase "life happens".  But, I don't want life to just happen around me because that can mean missed opportunities.
So... this year I want to be more intentional in my relationships, both heavenly and earthly ones.  I want to be more intentional where my health and fitness is concerned.  More intentional in my finances and the use of God's resources, and I'm sure as the year progresses, I'll see more areas that this applies to. I'm not looking to do great things just maybe a lot of little good things.
    I am now the same age as my mother was when she received her cancer diagnosis. She was gone from this life less than 4 years later.  That is a sobering reality.  So as Psalms 90:12 says..
"Teach us to make the most of our time so that we may grow in wisdom"

No comments:

Post a Comment