Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Being small


 I read this excerpt in a devotional the other day and it struck a cord with me. As I ponder what the Lord has for me at this phase of my life, I sometimes feel very small and insignificant.  I get to feeling like my life has little impact on the world around me,  then God gives me these words to cause me to pause and be still because He cares.  
"Fall in love with the ordinary. Dare to believe that the minor details of your life matter to God. Dare to believe that you’re not a mistake. Besides, being ordinary and small may actually be evidence that God took extra time to make you that way.  Why?      Because being small sets you up to fit in places that big cannot.”

Thank you God for caring about us wherever we are in this journey. I adore you.

(Excerpt from One small barking dog:  Ed Gungor)

No comments:

Post a Comment