Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dream Big

Dream Big- there must be more...

It seems of late this concept of Big dreams, stepping out in faith and doing something big for God, or even just different, has been on the back burner of my mind.  I've decided that it's not mid-life because young people struggle with it too at times.

I want to do the things that count for Eternity, that's really what it comes down to.  I want to leave an unmistakable mark as a Christ follower and one who is deeply in love with My heavenly Father.

Somehow, getting up every day and going to the office, coming home to eat dinner and go to bed shortly after. doesn't fit the description of "making an impact".

But just the other day the question popped into my mind..."How do I know"?
How do I know that there isn't someone at work or a customer I talk to that will wonder what is different about me? How do I know that the wondering won't lead to questions asked, maybe not of me but someone else? How do I know that my kindness over the phone or in my home might be just what someone needed that was having a hard day?  How do I know?  I don't, but God does.

If it is true, and I believe that it is, that God has a plan and he is always working his plan, than I must believe that He will use my willing heart right where I am.

There is a lot to be said about being content in whatever our circumstances- Phillipians 4: 11,12. It is the heart attitude that God wants to see in me.  A heart of thankfulness for all I have and also a willingness to do more as He opens new doors.

So until then I will embrace the here and now as God's best for me, and be the best I can be right in the middle of my normal.

I guess I realize that if "dreaming big things" causes discontent then they probably are not God dreams but dreams of my own making.

No comments:

Post a Comment